Google add

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Sardy Army

George Bush was sitting in
his office wondering whom
to invade next when his
telephone rang.

'Hello, Mr. Bush!' a heavily
accented voice said, 'This is
Gurmukh from Phagwara,
District Kapurthala,
Punjab .. I am ringing to
inform you that we are
officially declaring the war
on you!'


'Well, Gurmukh,' Bush
replied, 'This is indeed
important news! How big is
your army'
'Right now,' said Gurmukh,
after a moment's
calculation, 'there is myself,
my cousin Sukhdev, my next
door neighbor Bhagat, and
the entire kabaddi team
from the gurudwara. That
makes eight'


Bush paused. 'I must tell
you, Gurmukh that I have
one million men in my army
waiting to move on my
command.'


'Arrey O! Main kya..' said
Gurmukh. 'I'll have to ring
you back!'

Sure enough, the next day,
Gurmukh called again.

'Mr. Bush, it is Gurmukh,
I'm calling from Phagwara
STD, the war is still on! We
have managed to acquire
some infantry equipment!'
'And what equipment would
that be, Gurmukh' Bush
asked.

'Well, we have two
combines, a donkey and
Amrik's tractor.'

Bush sighed. 'I must tell
you, Gurmukh, that I have
16,000 tanks and 14,000
armored personnel carriers.
Also, I've increased my
army to 1-1/2 million since
we last spoke.'


'Oh teri ki....' said Gurmukh.
'I'll have to get back to you.'
Sure enough, Gurmukh rang
again the next day.


'Mr. Bush, the war is still
on! We have managed to get
ourselves airborne......
We've modified Amrik's
tractor by adding a couple
of shotguns, sticking on
some wings and the pind's
generator. Four school pass
boys from Malpur have
joined us as well!'

Bush was silent for a minute
and then cleared his throat.

'I must tell you, Gurmukh,
that I have 10,000 bombers
and 20,000 fighter planes.
My military complex is
surrounded by laser-guided,
surface-to-air missile sites.
And since we last spoke,
I've increased my army to
TWO MILLION!'

'Tera pala hove....' said
Gurmuk, 'I'll have to ring
you back.'
Sure enough, Gurmukh
called again the next day.
'hello  , Mr.Bush! I hello  , Mr.Bush! I am sorry
to tell you that we  had
to call off the war.'
'I'm sorry to hear that,' said
Bush. 'Why the sudden
change of heart'

'Well,' said Gurmukh, 'we've
all had a long chat over a
couple of lassi's, and the ladies said there's no way we can cook Langar for two million prisoners of wars!'




NOW THAT'S CALLED
PUNJABI CONFIDENCE

No comments:

Post a Comment